Arizona has had a great two weeks. TWIT-Pac wants to know if the Cats can keep it up now that they won’t sneak up on anyone anymore.
Thu. Feb. 4
ASU (15-7 / 5-4) at WSU (14-7 / 4-5) – 8 p.m. (all times Arizona/Mountain)
The Devils beat the Cougs by 25 the first time around.
ARIZONA (12-9 / 6-3) at Washington (14-7 / 4-5) – 8:30 p.m., FSN
No time to celebrate for the first-place Cats. The Huskies have won their last four home games by an average of 31 points.
Cal (14-7 / 6-3) at USC (12-9 / 4-5) – 8:30 p.m.
Let the scoreboard watching begin!
Stanford (10-11 / 4-5) at UCLA (10-11 / 5-4) – 8:30 p.m.
With three games at 10:30 Eastern even the Pac-10 schedule-makers are embarrassed by the conference’s performance.
Sat. Feb. 6
Cal at UCLA – 2 p.m., CBS
Start your sports Saturday by rooting against the Bears.
Oregon at OSU – 4 p.m., FSNW
The Ducks showed some spunk with two wins last week.
Stanford at USC – 5:30 p.m.
When you get swept by the Oregon schools even your student manager gets mad.
ARIZONA at WSU – 6:30 p.m., FSAZ/FSNW
If the UA can’t get it done in Seattle this will be another big one on the Wildcats’ favorite day of the week.
ASU at Washington – 8:30 p.m., FSN
The last chance for a UW home feast before starving again on the road.
After everyone has played everyone the standings are what they are. The power rankings are just here to break the ties (last week’s rank in parentheses):
1. ARIZONA (5) – Oh, how sweet it is.
2. Cal (1) – The Bears can get better in a hurry by taming L.A.
3. UCLA (3) – Head-to-head goes to the Bruins.
4. ASU (6) – All five wins are against the bottom six.
5. Oregon (10) – Two wins in a row in this league means you’re on fire.
6. Washington (7) – Home games make the Dawgs look good again.
7. WSU (4) – Has wins against the three teams below it.
8. USC (2) – Still four wins after playing the Oregons.
9. Stanford (8) – The dream of 9-0 at home and 0-9 on the road is alive.
The Oregon State
10. OSU (9) – If they don’t beat UO at home it could get ugly fast.
As the second half of the conference season begins will we start to see some separation among the teams, or are we going to have another five weeks of seemingly random results?
Let’s just hope the random-number generator keeps picking the Cats.